A series of artist-led workshops between Hodges Taylor + Riff Ideas
SHIFT offers an invitation to enter into an artist’s creative process through a series of virtual workshops. With hands-on activities to enhance creative thinking, challenge perspectives and reflexive habits you will enhance and appreciate your own creative capacity. Each 90-minute workshop is designed and delivered in collaboration with Riff Ideas and one of Hodges Taylor’s artist partners. SHIFT is presented free of charge with the support of the Center City Small Business Innovation Fund.
SHIFT with MARTHA CLIPPINGER
Saturday, October 17 from 10 to 11:30 AM
Hosted by Hodges Taylor
Explore and experiment with the relationship between positive and negative space alongside of Durham-based artist, Martha Clippinger and Riff Ideas. During the free virtual workshop, participants will use their hands and everyday materials to enhance their own creative thinking.
Materials you’ll need for this workshop:
– Copy paper, at least 12 sheets. Each sheet should be trimmed to 8.5 x 8.5 square prior to the workshop.
– Solid color paper. Pepreferably brown paper bags or construction paper. (The focus will be on shape, not found images, text, or color.) Cereal boxes, colored tissue paper, or paper with repetitive patternings such as wrapping paper or the interior of security envelopes can also be used.
– Scissors or x-acto knife
– Glue stick, glue, or tape
– Journal or notebook
– Camera phone (suggested)
What else you should know:
– Registration is limited. You will be emailed instructions on how to attend the workshop upon registration.
– No need to be an artist or think that you have artistic ability. The workshop is for everyone interested in creativity.
– The workshop will be broadcast live via Zoom. Prior to the workshop, please download and install Zoom, it’s free to use.
– Participants will be muted upon entry, but you’ll be able to utilize the “chat” window to type your questions in real time.
– You are encouraged (but not required) to attend with your camera on.
– Please plan to “arrive” on time, the workshop will start promptly at 10 AM.
– Questions? Contact us at email@example.com