Explore and experiment with the relationship between positive and negative space alongside of Durham-based artist, Martha Clippinger and Riff Ideas. During the free virtual workshop, participants will use their hands and everyday materials to enhance their own creative thinking.
Materials you’ll need for this workshop:
– Copy paper, at least 12 sheets. Each sheet should be trimmed to 8.5 x 8.5 square prior to the workshop.
– Solid color paper. Pepreferably brown paper bags or construction paper. (The focus will be on shape, not found images, text, or color.) Cereal boxes, colored tissue paper, or paper with repetitive patternings such as wrapping paper or the interior of security envelopes can also be used.
– Scissors or x-acto knife
– Glue stick, glue, or tape
– Journal or notebook
– Camera phone (suggested)
What else you should know:
– Registration is limited. You will be emailed instructions on how to attend the workshop upon registration.
– No need to be an artist or think that you have artistic ability. The workshop is for everyone interested in creativity.
– The workshop will be broadcast live via Zoom. Prior to the workshop, please download and install Zoom, it’s free to use.
– Participants will be muted upon entry, but you’ll be able to utilize the “chat” window to type your questions in real time.
– You are encouraged (but not required) to attend with your camera on.
– Please plan to “arrive” on time, the workshop will start promptly at 10 AM.
– Questions? Contact us at email@example.com