Explore the nature of memory and reflect on the details of our past with Charlotte-based artist Thomas Schmidt and Riff Ideas. During the free virtual workshop, participants will create memory collages while using their hands and everyday materials to enhance their own creative thinking.
Materials you’ll need for this workshop:
– Lined notebook paper ( 5+ sheets)
– Any random scraps of paper, receipts, magazines, photographs, etc (but not precious as they will get sliced up!)
– Any available drawing utensils: pens, pencils, crayons, highlighters, whiteout, etc
– Glue stick
– Masking tape
– Ruler and/or 90° square
– Vellum, tracing paper, tissue paper (or any other translucent paper)
– Optional: x-Acto knife or box cutter and cutting mat or cutting board
– Optional: Journal or notebook to jot down thoughts
What else you should know:
– Registration is limited. You will be emailed instructions on how to attend the workshop upon registration.
– No need to be an artist or think that you have artistic ability. The workshop is for everyone interested in creativity.
– The workshop will be broadcast live via Zoom. Prior to the workshop, please download and install Zoom, it’s free to use.
– Participants will be muted upon entry, but you’ll be able to utilize the “chat” window to type your questions in real time.
– You are encouraged (but not required) to attend with your camera on.
– Please plan to “arrive” on time, the workshop will start promptly at 10 AM.
– Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org